Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thank God for Little Girls!

Prior to last summer, Hope didn't really have any friends who were girls. All of my friends who had babies around when Hope was born had boys...which is wonderful and we love them to pieces! I remember telling Jaye several times how I really wanted Hope to have a girl friend to grow up with...someone to play princesses with and share tea parties with. I didn't figure the boys in her life would appreciate that very much! So...rewind to last summer. Jaye and I decided to visit our old church and the week after we visited they had a water day for all the little ones. It was at the water day that we met Violet and her family. Didn't think much of it then, but that was the start of great things to come!

Now, I'm not great at making new friends and I tend to shy away from gatherings where I won't know people. I am an introvert and being with new people wears me out. But...somehow, Hope and I ended up with Violet and her Mom at Disneyland last fall and it was the start of something wonderful! Not only was Violet an answer to my prayers for Hope to have a girl friend, but Violet's Mom ended being an answer to prayers that I hadn't even prayed! God knew my heart and my desire for connection. The more time we spend with Violet and her family, the more Jaye and I are reminded of God's faithfulness! We are so blessed to have new friends for all of us and we can't wait for the many adventures that lie ahead.
So...enjoy pictures of our girl's day at Disneyland...when we met up the girls were wearing the same shirt (that we didn't know the other even had) and they looked adorable with their pink and bows! Great minds must think alike! We had a blast together and I am so thankful!!!
It's hard to get all 4 of us looking the right direction! But we had fun trying!

This last one is a favorite of mine! They had so much fun running together and thought it was funny to be holding hands! Hopefully Violet's Mom got a cute one from the front, but I love this one from the back!

No comments:

Post a Comment