Saturday, August 6, 2011

Loving the Moment

I have been blessed with so many fun moments lately...I am trying to remember to savor each memory, soak it all in, and truly enjoy the here and now. Here are a few moments I've been loving over the past few weeks...
Luau @ Gymboree...she LOVES catching the bubbles and most weeks gets so frustrated when they won't stay on her finger and instead pop. At the luau the bubbles were perfect and she caught so many! She was so happy with herself!
I've been growing my hair out for 2 years, hoping to participate in the annual "Cuts for Kids" event with one of the Ducks hockey players. Unfortunately, we aren't sure if we'll be able to renew our tickets this year so I decided that since my hair was finally long enough to donate, I was just going to go for it. I had a babysitter and a spare hour so I visited Fantastic Sams and thankfully, love the outcome! Short hair is fabulous!
We found a great new splashpad a few miles from our house. We were able to spend this day with our good friends, Collin and Heather. Hope loved the water and I loved watching her!
We enjoyed a beautiful day at the beach with Catharina, Violet and a few other friends. The girls had so much fun playing together in the sand and Hope even loved the water by the end of our time together!
My best friend Amanda invited Hope and I over to make peanut butter play-doh. She even sent us aprons and chef's hats for the occasion! The kids weren't so sure about the play-doh but we sure had fun making a mess together and just playing!
Jaye and I got away to his 20th high-school reunion last weekend. I wasn't very excited about it initially as the thought of being surrounded by people I didn't know was so not my thing. It ended up being a really fun night and I am so thankful for the quality time and conversation Jaye and I had together. It's amazing what good conversation does for the heart!
After 2 months of not having our passes, we finally got to renew our Disneyland passes. Hope had been talking daily about Disneyland and all the rides. We were all so happy to be at Disneyland again and had a great day together!
My folks moved in to a house less 1/2 a mile away. They have an amazing pool that we were blessed to enjoy a few times this past week! We are so excited to have them live close!
Yesterday we got to go to the beach again with my dear friend Karyn. It was another gorgeous day! Hope loved the water and we got soaked together! We saw a pod of dolphins out in the water and just had a great time together!

No comments:

Post a Comment