Christmas has come and gone and boy was it fun!! I love that Hope was old enough to really enjoy all things Christmas and I love that we could teach her what Christmas is really about! Jaye was off for 10 days and we treasured time together as a family! 

We thought Hope would love decorating a gingerbread house, but she was more interested in eating M&Ms. She did help a bit, but would not part with any M&Ms to put on the house!
We'd been collecting things here and there for Hope, things we'd see on sale or things we knew she'd enjoy. She had fun with all of it, but I think her favorite things are her tea-set, her blocks, and her Star Wars guys...those are the things that get played with daily! Don't mind her crazy bed-head!
We baked a birthday cake for baby Jesus and Hope helped Jaye's Mom and I by telling us what colors she wanted and told us where to put things. I love that we can start this tradition with her! I bought funfetti cake and frosting (my favorite), but we discovered that funfetti frosting doesn't work very well when trying to use a frosting bag to write letters...it clogs. Oops!
Thanks to friends of my folks, Hope got the singing hippopotamus she wanted. (it was the 1 thing she asked for). My mom and I had both posted on facebook, asking everyone to keep their eyes open for a singing hippo as we couldn't find one anywhere. Their friend found this one on Chrsitmas Eve out in Long Beach. She was so excited about it!
Christmas day both sides of our family come to our house...even Great Grandma! I am so thankful to have family so close and I love that we can all be together to celebrate!! We feel so fortunate to not have to juggle family and split the day...we get the best of both sides all at once!





No comments:
Post a Comment