Today has been one of those days. Me waking up tired (thanks to my daughter who has decided that its fun to wake up early) and Hope being extra naughty, have not been a good combo today. I don't know what it is or what has been up, but today is one of those days where I am wishing for a do-over or just for it to be over even. She has been a roll today and has been quite out of control and I am so ready for some space!
Usually, we go to the mall weekly just to get out of the house and walk around. We usually hit our 3 favorite stores: The "Bear Store" (Build-A-Bear), the "Mickey Store" (Disney store), and the "Doggie Store". We don't usually buy anything, just walk around and look...and she usually loves it and is quite content to sit in her stroller. NOT TODAY. We stopped at the Bear Store and I actually let her make one (she's made 4 for others, but never one for herself) and we found a little something for Daddy's birthday. Next we stopped in Gymboree to look for a sweater I had seen that was finally on sale. She was beyond naughty...shouting and throwing everything (her cup, her snacks, her ladybug and its house) on the floor. I should've turned around and gone home at that point. But...I didn't. By the time we left the mall I was flustered and on-edge. We had made plans to meet friends for lunch so we hurried down the freeway to make it on time. Hope decided she didn't like anything at the table for lunch so her lunch consisted of water and ice cream. It wasn't worth the fight.
Thankfully she went to bed as soon as we got home! I caught a 30 minute nap and woke up to Hope's squawking (my least favorite sound) and she was crabby as can be. Let the fun continue! So, I won't bore you with the rest of the naughtiness, but it continued most of the afternoon and into the evening.
So...all that brings me to desperately wanting space today! I got a new sewing machine for Christmas and am itching to be crafty, but little Miss Naught-Pants ruined our 1st trip to JoAnn's for fabric and bobbins. Still nothing to try my machine on, thanks to Hope. I had thought about painting something as I've seen lots of fun ideas on craft blogs, but I cannot imagine trying to do anything with Hope anywhere near me as it would turn into a disaster. I am past due to get fitted for a new bra since nothing fits after Hope, but that was a HUGE disaster and we walked out of the store as I apologized to the lady. It's the little things that I really miss being able to do BY MYSELF!!! I look forward to my 1 decent shower of the week each weekend when Jaye is home...When you have a (almost) 2 year old in the other room, you can't afford to take more than a 5 minute shower for fear of what you'll come out to. I just miss having space. I want to create, I want to sit all by myself somewhere without being whined at, pulled on, or crawled on. I wish I was one to get my hair or nails done often...then at least I'd have a guaranteed few minutes of peace and quite.
Okay, I'll stop venting now. I really do love my little Princess with all my heart and 9 days out of 10 I wouldn't trade my time with her for anything! Most days I love playing all day and spending every waking minute with my sweet girl, but today I find myself tired, grouchy, and ready for a new day...a good day where I'll wake up with a happy attitude and enjoy each moment!!!
Mary Rice Hopkins: Miracle Walking--From ICU to Life
12 years ago

Praying for tomorrow to be a better day. Maybe we should put the daddies on duty and do something just for us... With a mostly silence agreement. Not that I don't love visiting with you but what I've found myself missing most lately is that quiet time I used to get when robbie wasn't home. No tv no music. Just quiet.
ReplyDeleteThanks Catharina! Today has been a much better day! I got some sleep, a long shower and walked out of my room to be greeted by a very happy little girl who was very happy to see her Mommy! It has been 100 times better and it's only 1/2 way done! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteWe had a morning like that...got into Kohls (our first scheduled stop of the day), he wouldn't sit still or be held and was on the verge of shouting/starting to hit, so we turned around and drove home. Where he promptly took a long nap. It's hard to have a plan and realize that the plan is not going to happen because the one we love so much won't stand for the plan ;) and for fabric etc to get started, I started buying online because JoAnns has such a crazy wait so much of the time. Sometimes Joanns.com has free shipping.
ReplyDelete