Saturday, March 12, 2011

Adventures in Sewing...Doll Stroller Re-do!

Hope loves her babydoll stroller...she thinks its not only a great place for her babies to sit, but for her to sit as well. As a result, the poles poke through the fabric and it no longer holds anyone. I found a tutorial online so we went to JoAnns and she picked some new fabric and I was determined to make a new one!
Basically, I just used the old seat as my pattern and then re-created it and figured out how it went back together!
Most of it went pretty smoothly, until I had to attach the back to the seat...it took me several attempts, but I figured it out finally!
I reinforced the seems and doubled the fabric...I thought it was indestructible, but once Hope sat in it, a seam came undone..gotta reinforce those parts even more...either that or convince her to STAY OUT! I also broke my first needle yesterday just as I was almost finished....go figure!

Now I need a new project! Any ideas or suggestions?!?



1 comment:

  1. Can I just say, "WOW." I'm very impressed with your "beginning" projects!

    ReplyDelete