Sunday, October 2, 2011

24:7

At church today our pastor rolled out the vision for the next 2 years at church. I love that it has been prayed about, fasted about/for, and planned since the beginning of the year and I love what the next 2 years are all about! The key verse is Exodus 24:7

"Then he took the Book of the Covenant and read it to the people. They responded, 'We will do EVERYTHING the Lord has said; we will obey."

He then layed out how, as a church, we will do this...

1. Intentional Intimacy
-By spending time with the Lord, praying, and reading His Word seven days a week.
-By asking each day, "God, How are you going to bless me and who can I show love to?"
-By writing down what God puts on my heart, how He blessed me and who I showed love to.
2. Total Surrender (of our time, talents, and treasure)
-By using my talent and time to serve God at Crossroads for 100 weeks.
-By faithfully tithing over the next 2 years.
-By giving an offering beyond my tithe over the next 24 months.
3. Experience More
-By serving out of my comfort zone at least 2 times.
-By fasting with the church during two 40-day fasts.
-By meditating on the key 24:7 verses.
-By participating in a Learning Community.
4. Love Like Jesus Loves
-By passionately worshiping God.
-By passionately praying before church and during the invitation.
-By loving the family of Crossroads the way Christ loves me.
-By loving my family, my friends, and others the way Christ loves me.
-By participating in a place of Community.

I love the clear purpose and intentionality of all of this. I love the challenge that was set before us today and I love that He boldly called the church to step out of the apathy and into a real-life, passionate relationship with Christ. I am excited to see what God will do in our church, but I am more excited to see what God will do in my own life as I commit to these things. I have faith that He will move and that He will work in my life and also in the lives of those I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment