"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." -Matt. 6:21
"Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this, says the Lord Almighty, and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it." -Malachi 3:10
"Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this, says the Lord Almighty, and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it." -Malachi 3:10
At church today, our pastor shared about TOTAL surrender when it comes to our treasure. As a part of the vision for the next 2 years, each person has been asked to fill out a card, checking EVERY box and committing to be totally surrendered for the next 2 years. I listed out the vision a few posts back, and each one of those items was on the card to be filled out. I have held on to this card for the past week and have been totally okay with checking almost every box.
I've never been one to commit to a big list of things or to go along with a big church plan, but this time around I really sense that God is going to move if I'd just commit. I really do desire the things listed on that card, I desire a life that is passionate and I desire a relationship with my King that is real and authentic. And so...I checked every box, trusting that God will show me how to fulfill those boxes that I am hesitant about or unsure of.
-I commit to being in the Word 7 days a week for the next 2 years.
-I commit to serving, even though 100 weeks is very daunting and I have no clue where to serve and how to fulfill that box.
-I commit to going out of my comfort zone, yet I don't know what that will look like. A part of me would love this part to mean traveling overseas, doing missions of some sort, but I don't really know what that looks like now that I am a Mom.
-I commit to fasting with the church when the time comes.
-I commit to tithing 10% and also giving an offering over the next 24 months.
-I commit to passionately praying for the lost, especially my in-laws. God has put it on my heart to pray with conviction and faith for their salvation. I am specifically praying that by the end of these 2 years that they will at some point fill the 2 empty seats next to me in church. Today in church, a couple in their 30s or 40s baptized both of their parents, in front of the whole church. I couldn't help but cry as I witnessed that and prayed that someday, we too would get to experience that first hand.
I want to be totally surrendered. I want to learn to hear the voice of God and to truly enjoy and learn from His Word. I want to set an example for my daughter, of what it means to love Jesus and serve Him. I want to learn what it really looks like to serve my husband and care for him as Christ cares for me. I want to be a different person at the end of these 2 years. I want these next 2 years to be the start of a lifetime of authentic and real faith, of growing relationships, of depth and understanding. I want my life to reflect my King...in the ways I love, serve, give, and communicate. I want to see God's blessings abound in my life and share them with those around me.
At the end of this life, I want to hear my Maker say, "well done good and FAITHFUL servant".
I've never been one to commit to a big list of things or to go along with a big church plan, but this time around I really sense that God is going to move if I'd just commit. I really do desire the things listed on that card, I desire a life that is passionate and I desire a relationship with my King that is real and authentic. And so...I checked every box, trusting that God will show me how to fulfill those boxes that I am hesitant about or unsure of.
-I commit to being in the Word 7 days a week for the next 2 years.
-I commit to serving, even though 100 weeks is very daunting and I have no clue where to serve and how to fulfill that box.
-I commit to going out of my comfort zone, yet I don't know what that will look like. A part of me would love this part to mean traveling overseas, doing missions of some sort, but I don't really know what that looks like now that I am a Mom.
-I commit to fasting with the church when the time comes.
-I commit to tithing 10% and also giving an offering over the next 24 months.
-I commit to passionately praying for the lost, especially my in-laws. God has put it on my heart to pray with conviction and faith for their salvation. I am specifically praying that by the end of these 2 years that they will at some point fill the 2 empty seats next to me in church. Today in church, a couple in their 30s or 40s baptized both of their parents, in front of the whole church. I couldn't help but cry as I witnessed that and prayed that someday, we too would get to experience that first hand.
I want to be totally surrendered. I want to learn to hear the voice of God and to truly enjoy and learn from His Word. I want to set an example for my daughter, of what it means to love Jesus and serve Him. I want to learn what it really looks like to serve my husband and care for him as Christ cares for me. I want to be a different person at the end of these 2 years. I want these next 2 years to be the start of a lifetime of authentic and real faith, of growing relationships, of depth and understanding. I want my life to reflect my King...in the ways I love, serve, give, and communicate. I want to see God's blessings abound in my life and share them with those around me.
At the end of this life, I want to hear my Maker say, "well done good and FAITHFUL servant".

No comments:
Post a Comment